Have you always wanted to shop on Amazon.com or on any other US-based online shops but would think otherwise because of shipping cost or your orders might get lost while in transit? Or do you find it frustrating that some of your favorite products are expensive here in the Philippines, or worse, not available in the country at all?
Well, worry no more because you can now shop on US-based online shops like Amazon, Ebay, Asos and a whole lot more with ease.
I’ll show you how to do it.
So normally, when I need to buy something that I can’t find anywhere else, I’d go to Galleon.ph. It’s an online store where you can buy stuff not being sold in the Philippine market. You can read my review about Galleon.ph here. The problem is their prices are a bit, well, pricey.
Thankfully, I’ve been doing some research and came across LBC Shipping Cart. It’s a web application that lets you buy goods from US online shops conveniently by providing you with a US virtual address you can use for shipping. Once your purchase arrives in the address, LBC will then ship your goods to your Philippine address. Simply put, you shop and they deliver.
How to Shop Using LBC Shipping Cart
I thought the whole process is complicated, but, surprisingly, it wasn’t all the bad. Here are the steps to follow to get you started:
- Register at http://www.lbcshippingcart.ph. You can either use your Facebook account to create one or take the long route, which is signing up with your full name and email address. Once done, you’ll be given a US virtual address found at the bottom right of your account page.
2. If you don’t have an Amazon account, sign up for free here. If you already have one, skip this part.
3. In your Amazon shipping address, use the US virtual address given to you by LBC Shipping Cart as follows:
4. Save and add payment method once done. Just so you know, Amazon doesn’t accept Paypal as your payment method. Thankfully, they accept credit cards from the Philippines. If you don’t have one, you can use Globe’s GCash American Express Virtual Pay. Click the link and it’ll provide you with details on how to shop using GCash.
5. Once everything is set up, you’re now ready to start shopping on Amazon. After you place your order, they’ll then ship your purchase to your US virtual address. All you have to do is wait.
6. Upon arrival of your orders, LBC will notify you through email and an update on your LBC Shipping Cart account page. What I love about it is that they’ll include a picture of your orders so you can decide whether to return or exchange the item for something else. If it doesn’t show, you’ll have to wait a few more days, roughly two to four, for them to update their website. Here’s a screen shot of what they sent me:
7. Once it’s all good, you can proceed to shipment and pay the shipping fee. The amount is already provided so all you need to do is pay via credit card, Paypal, or cash through an LBC branch near you.
8. As soon as payment is confirmed, LBC will then deliver your orders straight to your doorstep. It takes approximately five to 15 days by air and up to two months by sea. It all depends on the shipping method you selected.
It’s a long wait, but it’s worth it. I placed my order on March 4th, and I got it on March 22nd. It was 18 days long, which is not bad. In fact, it was earlier than expected so yay!
As for the cost, well, I was able to save. If I bought my items here, it’d probably cost me around PhP 5,000 because the shades alone cost around PhP 3,500. On Amazon, it cost around PhP 1,700+. I also compared the prices on Galleon, and it also costs more. So it’s good thing I found LBC Shipping Cart. 😀
Here some pictures of recent purchase from Amazon.com:
So you see? Shopping on Amazon is no longer a hassle because you can feel rest assured that your purchases will reach you in time. You may have the option to ship directly to Philippines, but not all sellers on Amazon offers that option and it may cost too since you’ll have to deal with customs and all.
Will I shop again on Amazon? I definitely would! In fact, I already have a shopping list to fulfill. Hahaha! 😀
And that’s about it! Have fun shopping! If you have any questions, just let me now by commenting below. 😀